sábado, 19 de março de 2016

Conditionals.Very easy. Let's practice?

Conditionals Summary Chart


As you can see, each type of conditional has its own combination of tense used in the if-clause and tense used the main clause. These different pairings of tenses give each type of conditional its own meaning.

Other types of conditional clauses

Now, these four types of conditional clauses are the traditional ones though there are OTHER types of conditional clauses.

IF + PRESENT SIMPLE, ...+ IMPERATIVE

We use the imperative to give instructions of advice.
  • If you see John, tell him he needs to come to my office.
  • If you travel abroad, remember your passport
  • If you go to Australia, send me a postcard.
  • If you go to the supermarket, bring back some milk.
  • If Mike comes, call me.
  • If you drink, don't drive.
The highlighted words are in the imperative. These sentences are similar to saying: If the first condition happens, you must do this (in the second/imperative clause).

Conditional Sentences Type I

Complete the Conditional Sentences Type I.
  • If you (go) out with your friends tonight, I (watch) the football match on TV.
  • I (earn) a lot of money if I (get) that job.
  • If she (hurry / not) , we (miss) the bus.
  •      
Complete the Conditional Sentences Type II.
  • If he (try) harder, he (reach) his goals.
  • I (buy) these shoes if they (fit) .
  • It (surprise / not) me if he (know / not) the answer.

Complete the Conditional Sentences Type III.
  • If we (listen) to the radio, we (hear) the news.
  • If you (switch) on the lights, you (fall / not) over the chair.
  • She (come) to our party if she (be / not)

Conditional Sentences Type I, II or III 


we (have) enough time if we wanted to see the castle?

In case you (buy) a car, will you teach me to drive?

If I (not be) in a hurry, I wouldn't have made so many mistakes.

She won't finish it on time if she (not start) right now.

She (get angry) if you had told her.

On condition that they (support) our product, they would get a discount.

Even if I (ask) him, he won't come.

Had I driven slowly, I (not crash)

It will be a disaster unless they (help) us.

If you (have) something to eat, you wouldn't have felt sick.

I wouldn't risk it if I (be) you.

She would get fat if she (not stop) eating.

The chicken wasn't good. It (taste) better if you had put some spices on it.  

  • http://www.e-grammar.org/if-clauses/test1-exercise2/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário